Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Taught Me....



2016 has been soooooooooooo different for me! I've learned so much within this year and I'm excited to tell you some of the incredible things I've learned!! I don't want to keep you too long so I'm going to jump right into it! 

Put God first and watch what amazing things can happen.
  • WHOOOOA!! This is so real! I allowed God to really have his way in my life this year and He did some amazing things that I hadn't planned for myself. He started a business that I had never thought of for myself, he helped me come to terms with the calling on my life and when I accepted it for what it was He elevated me and put me at the table with people I once looked up too. 


God will never lead you in the wrong direction 
  • Even though I had my doubts...(yep! I said I doubted God, don't get too deep on me as if you have never doubted God.) that God loved me enough to really do a great work in my life, because of all the hardship I had experienced. I really begin to doubt His promises. But I learned that it doesn't matter what the situation looks like when God has favored you it's only a part of His divine plan for your life. If you're experiencing extreme hardship right now I urge you to CONTINUE believing in the promises of God because He knows what He is doing. 

Be bold and radical in your prayers 

  • If you want it ask for it! God told us in Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." - Because you have delighted yourself in Him he wants to give you the desires of your hearts so don't be afraid to ask our Father for what you want. Along with this, be sure that you believe your bold and radical prayers. I'll be the first to admit that I've asked God for some things (big and small) that I just didn't think He cared even to deliver to me and sure enough.....

Serve before you sale

  • Don't you dare think about selling before serving! When you're a believer and you're doing business your model should be completely different than the model of the world. You have to give before you receive. One reason I believe my businesses have been so successful this year because long before I launched them I served and I served heavily. I gave a lot of myself, I would dedicate days to praying for people on social media. One on one prayers for each person, I'd type up every prayer and send it to out!! God really had His way in those prayers, I would receive so many testimonials!!! So, before you launch ANYTHING be sure to SERVE FIRST.

Collaborations supercharge your brand
  • We're better together. THIS PART!!! RIGHT HERE!!! This is one of the reasons I have grown so much, the reasons I've had special opportunities, the reason I've had so many clients, the reason I've been able to make a sustainable income from my businesses. Yes, I accredit it all to collaboration! I know you've heard the saying "it's not what you know but who you know!" Well, let's just say that has been my story this entire year!! I know people - thank God!

Getting help isn't a bad thing
  • I may or may not have told you...that I healed from a terribly toxic relationship this year, well I accredit that to God and my therapist!! Yep, I said therapist! I know it's uncommon to hear about people in the urban community seeking therapy and that's a problem within itself but when I met with my former mentor at the beginning of the year she encouraged me to get help and boy did I need it!!!! I had to be REAL with myself concerning my mental health and get the help I needed. I promise you it isn't a bad thing to get help so if you NEED help get it. Don't wait, don't hesitate!

Invest in yourself
  • Don't expect people to invest in you if you're not willing to. When I say the word invest you might automatically think financially, but actually I'm talking about all around investments, mentally, spiritually, physically. I was willing to invest in my mental health this year (which is a HUGE investment), which had some fantastic benefits. I've also invested in learning various things that would make my businesses run smoother and enhance how I serve my audience, yes this has been a financial investment but it has helped me grow and that is what is the most important to me and my clients grow, so therefore every bit of it has been worth it.

Giving back is a MUST
  • I've always had a giving heart. Now that the Lord has blessed me with MORE I often times invest in others! I love to help and give back to people that need it the most. I've been able to mentor a handful of people for FREE this year, which not only helped them but blessed me to be able to give back to my brothers and sisters. 

Don't listen to the naysayers 
  • LISTEN! LISTEN! LISTEN! If I listened to the naysayers I wouldn't be where I am today!! The ONLY reason I am where I am today is because I listen to GOD and not man! When I first launched my t-shirt business a FEW people literally told me "Nobody is going to purchase that shirt, it's too high. You need to change the colors!  I'm not into that." Please don't listen to man when God is the Man with the plan! Follow His lead He will never lead you astray. 

Parenting is NO JOKE!
  • I tip my hat off to my parents. Soooo this year I took on the responsible of raising my niece and it has been an interesting adventure, to say the least. First of all, she is a TEENAGER so that speaks volumes!!! I don't know the first thing about raising a teenager, but I'm grateful that I have my mom to help me as well as God leading the way. I'm open to any NEW tips, tools, and techniques!! lol EMAIL ME! 
I hope and pray that what I've learned has helped in some way shape or form, drop a comment, share, or send me an email forreal lol

Until next time I love you.....ttyl! :-)

____ CONNECT WITH ME _____

1. Website: www.TiaPughTalks.com
2. Need some encouragement Mon-Friday? Need a place you can send a prayer request day or night and know with confidence that it will be covered? Join my FREE text messaging service >>> here.
3. Needing help in faith, life, or business? Check out the services I have available: Let's do work!
5. Apparel: HGSApparel
7. Youtube: HolyGirlSwag21

8. Email: HolyGirlSwag21@gmail.com