Monday, July 13, 2015

Fighting Fear


Fear is one of the most paralyzing spirits known to man!! Fear stunts your growth; it causes you to become stagnant and keeps you from reaching your full potential. Fear will cause you to take on even more emotions that aren't governed by the Lord; it has been known to cause worry, procrastination, loneliness, anxiety, and even cause health issues just to name a few! BUT GOD!!! We have power OVER fear!!! Now that we know we have the power...is that enough?? WELLLLL actually its not enough!! And we can say fight fear with the Word of God all day but we need to know HOW!!! We MUST TAKE ACTION!! So this post is dedicated to TEACHING you how to FIGHT FEAR!!!

If you've read my post from last month (click here to read the post from last month: Get In Position) you will see that I experienced a GRRRREAT deal of fear when God instructed me to do something out of the ordinary for him!! But I used His Word along with a few other tactics to combat the spirit of fear that tried so hard to control me!! Today, I'll walk you through the steps I took to accomplish that which God instructed me to do.


1. Speak his Word over your life

OPEN YOUR MOUTH!!! The Word plainly tells us in Proverbs 18:21 NLT "the tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences." There is sooooo much power in our no bone having flimsy tongue!!!! BUTTTTTT there is no way you will EVER know that if you walk around allowing the enemy to keep your lips sealed!!! We weren't saved to be silent!!! Our job is to tell the good news of the LORD!! Faith comes by HEARING the Word of God, meaning somebody has to come forth and SPEAK!!

With that being said be choosy with your words because the things you say carry more weight than you could ever imagine. "Sticks and stone may break my bones but WORDS will never hurt me" is one of the great childhood lies I spoke over my life and heard my childhood friends and classmates speak to one another. Some words hurt more than a actual slap to the face and stick longer than dried up day old honey. So I encourage you to speak words of LIFE, KINDNESS, SUCCESS, GOOD HEALTH, AND PROSPERITY over your life and others on a daily because once those words are launched into the atmosphere the enemy goes to work or the angels of heaven.

2. BE like NIKE and Just Do IT

With butterflies and nausea trying to overtake me I JUST DID IT!!! As bad as I didn't want to do it I stepped up to the plate and did what God told me to do!! As I was talking to the young lady all those feelings went away. The Lord later explained to me that those feelings were governed by the enemy and were "scare tactics" the enemy often uses to try to keep God's children from completing assignments. Along with flooding our minds with thoughts such as "Maybe I'm not supposed to do this, perhaps I'm not needed" and so on. WE ALL KNOW THE DEVIL IS A MASTER MANIPULATOR!!!! So with that bit of information I hope & pray that you will rise to the occasion when need be! Don't let the enemy talk you out of something that has the potential to help save a life because we need every last one of our brothers and sisters to fight this battle against the devil and his devices!!!

3. TAKE A DEEP BREATH

I took plenty of these, because for a moment I thought my heart was about to jump out of my chest and through my shirt. Kind of funny, but it felt so real. Thank God the Holy Spirit told me to take some deep breaths. Later, I discovered why while doing some research the importance of taking those deep breaths. It helps you relax and bring clarity to your brain, also providing it the oxygen it need to function properly. By taking many deep breaths I was able to clear up the uneasy feeling I was experiencing in my body such as butterflies and nausea.

4. Pray

Last, but NEVER least...PRAY!! When you feel like you are under wayyyy more pressure than you can bare to handle at the moment because of what God has called you to do I encourage you to take a moment and PRAY!! Prayer is simply a intimate conversation between you and God. While having a quick conversation with God a lot of my anxieties rolled away and confidence flooded my heart!! I felt as though I could do anything after that conversation!!!! It was the extra push I needed to complete the task at hand!!



****I hope and pray that this post has blessed you tremendously, maybe next time you get in a crunch you will use some of this tactics or maybe you have some even better ones. Please share them with me, I would love to know what your response is to fear. Be sure to share, comment, and subscribe!!! I love you all!****

--------DO ME A FAVOR--------
Connect with me:
1. Subscribe to TPT (Tia Pugh Talks) via email at the top right of the blog.
3. FB: Tia Pugh www.facebook.com/HolyGirlSwag21
5. Google+:+Tia Pugh
6. Check out my boutique www.hgs.storenvy.com
7. If you would like to sow into this blog, please do so via PayPal email: HolyGhostGirl21@ymail.com