Monday, April 20, 2015

Are You In Good Company?




I was laying in bed one morning after morning prayer and this question was deposited in my spirit "Do you trust your circle to lay hands on you and pray for you when need be?" I was in shock that anything like that would even be deposited into my spirit, as I have many of great prayer warriors in my circle! There have been times when I've been going through something in the midnight hour and shot my friends a text message like "pray!!" and almost instantly receive a reply back. So I just knew that this question wasn't for me. I knew it had to be for God's people, and he broke this thing down to me so sweet!

He said "it starts with the company you keep!" In 1 Corinthians 15:33 the bible tells us "Do not be deceived: Evil company corrupts good habits." You can't get upset with me that is bible not babble and you have to be very careful with this one. People may say "I hang with them because I am doing the influencing and I am going to change their perspective!" which is GRRRREAT and I applaud that, but if God didn't TELL you to be hanging, traveling, spending time with them then you don't need to be doing it! You can't help people that don't want to be helped. I know this from experience. Do not be fooled for those that you hang with will have great influence on you!!! It is just like a seed, it may not sprout tomorrow but if it hits fertile ground it will start something. I've seen many people get harmed or end up in prison because of hanging with the wrong people and they merely had nothing to do with the rivalry or the crime that was committed. Be very prayerful concerning your friendships.

"As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17 If your friend is not saved and going in the same direction as you, how can they sharpen you???EXAMPLE: Recently I was talking to one of my associates and to her knowledge she was giving me some really good advice, but thank God I have some Godly friends and they were giving me advice as well!!! Advice that lined up with God's word, so of course I went with; what not only sounded logically but what was biblical. Had I not had Godly friends then I would of went with what was more comfortable for me and not what was BEST for me.

Along with the same concept from above, in order for my friendships to continue to progress we must be on the same page. I pray, study, and worship too strengthen my relationship with my Father in Heaven, and do my best to live a life that is pleasing to God but if my friend has no care in the world as to their relationship with God; how could I ever trust my friend to lay hands and pray for me when I am sick, worried, and ready to give up on life???? It is merely impossible!! You don't call on the drunkered when you need prayer! You don't run to the hospital when you need prayer!! You don't run to the night club to get prayer!!! You hit up that friend that you know has a relationship with Christ, you run to church to get a sermon, you may even go straight to your Pastor!!


Disclaimer: I am not by any means saying if you don't trust your friend to pray for you that they are a terrible person, that your friend is not a good friend, or that you should cut all your associates and friends off because they don't meet these standards (perhaps God has you on assignment to pour into them, but be sure it is a assignment from God, that you are the one planting seeds, and you remain prayed up), but I am saying WATCH THE COMPANY YOU KEEP & YOU SHOULD HAVE SOMEONE IN YOUR CIRCLE THAT YOU TRUST ENOUGH TO COMPLETE SUCH A TASK AS LAYING HANDS AND PRAYING FOR YOU WHEN NEED BE!! I HAVE ONLY GIVEN YOU WHAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME! I hope and pray that you were blessed by this reading! Love y'all until next time!! STAY BLESSED!!


--------DO ME A FAVOR--------
Connect with me:
1. Subscribe to TPT (Tia Pugh Talks) via email at the top right of the blog.
2. IG/Twitter: @HolyGirlSwag21
4. Pinterest/Youtube: @HolyGirlSwag21
5. Google+: +Tia Pugh
6. Check out my boutique www.hgs.storenvy.com
7. Also, have a text message ministry that is completely FREE to you! You'll receive scriptures, encouragement, prayers, & so much more! (starting back-up in 2015)
8. If you would like to sow into this blog, please do so via PayPal email: HolyGhostGirl21@ymail.com