Thursday, February 12, 2015

MayDAY MaYdAY It's VDay!!


 Everything was red, shiny, sparkly, & tempting as I walked through a store as Valentines day approached. Everything around me displayed love and intimacy. I was highly disturbs; as I was a single woman, wanting to be loved and just rubbed on a little bit. Although I knew it wasn't my season to be in a relationship my surroundings showed me differently, because all I saw were chocolates, bears, cards, balloons, and magazines with topics like "Ideas for a great Valentine Day evening with your special someone." Everything around me made me think of my last lil "Johnny", (despite the fact I never got a single gift from him) my environment made me think "maybe I'll give him a call to say hi, maybe we can catch up, maybe he misses me, let me be real with myself I need a Valentine!!!" Because the world was preparing for a day of “Love and Intimatcy” that should be celebrated every single day with your spouse I was feeling some type of way because I had no one.
Later that day I had come to my senses and realized that "Johnny" was no good for me so I didn't even bother to pick up the phone and dial his number, but I sat there upset with God because he knew Valentine was approaching and I was without a Valentine. I told God "I wish I was back in grade school at least I would have gotten a Valentine in class from my fellow classmates", but God began to really deal with me there. He said "The love I've sent for you to experience will not be subject to one day out of the year. The love I have for you my child is eternal." I broke down in tears (I'm a cry baby) he took me to John 3:16 "For God so loved world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting (eternal) life." He explained to me that love=life. Had he not loved us enough he would have never sent his Son to give us LIFE!! He also, explained that no one has to touch you to make you feel loved.
SOOOOO I encourage you to lean on the Lord during this month of “Love and intimacy”. If you are single and don’t have a great single group of Christian friends to spend this Valentine day with, I encourage you to sit down at the Lords table and open his Word and feast on it regarding love. Allow the Lord to speak to your heart concerning love.  Perhaps you have been hurt before and have already made up in your mind that no one loves you and you don’t want to be in love, but I’ll tell you this....I thought the same thing myself. I didn’t know what love was until I let the Lord teach me. I thought that love hurts, but in reality it was people that hurt me because love would never hurt me. Be encouraged today, because Jesus is LOVE!


I hope & pray this blessed your life and has encouraged you to refocus, relearn, and seek the true meaning of love….willingly given to us by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

--------DO ME A FAVOR--------



Connect with me:
1. Subscribe to TPT (Tia Pugh Talks) via email at the top right of the blog.
2. IG/Twitter: @HolyGirlSwag21
3. FB: Tia Pugh www.facebook.com/HolyGirlSwag21
4. Pinterest/Youtube: @HolyGirlSwag21
5. Google+: +Tia Pugh
6. Check out my boutique www.hgs.storenvy.com
7. Also, have a text message ministry that is completely FREE to you! You'll receive scriptures, encouragement, prayers, & so much more! (starting back-up in 2015)
8. If you would like to sow into this blog, please do so via PayPal email: HolyGhostGirl21@ymail.com